Yes. I am back.
With a horrible graphic because ALL MY FONTS ARE NOW ROYALE ON PICMONKEY THANKS A LOT.
Yes, yes, I know, you’re so happy that I’m back and now you can finally breathe again. Because I have no welcoming ritual, here are some updates in all-around life:
- I came home to see that my blog now has 100 followers. #wut
- (P.S. I may not sound very grateful, but I really am. THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE YOU GUYS HUGS AND KISSES AND MANGOES ALL AROUND.)
- I got a big bruise on my knee and got scratched in the arm with a toenail. My legs, arms, shoulders, back, stomach, and butt are sore and achy. #verynice
- But the teacher teaching ballet was so great and motivational. She said things about how we all have a gift, even if we don’t think we do, and that if we work hard, we can get our dreams accomplished. ❤ That was honestly the highlight of my weekend.
- I started crying yesterday because of school stress and frustration, but honestly there was no reason to cry??? Why am I so emotional???
- Also I just finished a bag of dried mangoes which is sad. 😥
- I got 10 responses on my feedback survey which is 10 more than I thought I would get and I just want to say THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WONDERFUL FEEDBACK! (BTW All you
ignorantcurious mangoes: The search bar is at the top of the sidebar. 😉 )
- I most likely will NOT be finishing my outline by the end of February. Why is everything so difficult??? (More on this tomorrow in my MMM post, where I will flail about my failure and stupidity.)
- I’M SO STRESSED AND EVERYTHING IS SO OVERWHELMING AND CAN’T LIFE JUST GIVE ME A BREAK RIGHT NOW???
- But taking a quickish break from blogging was great because recently, everything has been about BLOGGING BLOGGING BLOGGING and not much about READING WRITING HOMEWORK (ick) SLEEP LIFE.
Okay. That’s over. So now, in thanks of my wondrous welcome-back party (with mangoes and dried cranberries and cookies & cream ice cream), I am giving you the greatest gift of all―TAGS! (Well, technically two tags and three awards.)
The tags/awards I am doing today include: the Versatile Blogger award, the Blue Sky tag, the Blogger Aesthetic award, the Rapid Fire Book tag, and theCramm award. You must be thinking HOLY COW MAY WHY ARE YOU DOING SO MUCH DO YOU EXPECT ME TO READ THIS ALL???
And truthfully, no. I don’t expect you to read it all. You are NEVER obligated to read everything on my blog, however, I greatly greatly GREATLY appreciate it when you do. That being said, I do think that my posts are often too long and full of too many #smushed things, and that is something I’m working on as a blogger.
(HOLY SHOOT DID I FORGET THE “is it too long?” QUESTION ON THE SURVEY??? GAAAAAAAAAAH WHY MAAAAAAAAAY.)
Ignore that moment of stupidity. But before you skim through this whole thing, I just want to call your attention to my AESTHETICS and the Rapid Fire Book Tag, because AESTHETICS and BOOKS. Just scroll down. It’s somewhere in this mumbo jumbo of a mess.
The Versatile Blogger Award
(Ooh, pretty graphics.)
- Share the award on your blog.
- Thank the person that nominated you and link their site.
- Nominate 10 bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated. (Emma’s rules says 15 bloggers, but I can’t think of a lot of bloggers, sooooo.)
- Provide seven facts about you.
My seven facts
- I am Thai, and a Buddhist.
- I live in Texas but *gasp* do not ride horses to school, wear cowboy boots/hats, or live in ghost towns with tumbleweeds.
- Some of my favorite things include: writing, books, dance, piano, singing, music, and FOOD (specifically mangoes/dried mangoes and cookies & cream ice cream).
- I’d wanted to start a blog since December, and it took a month to work up the nerve to ask my dear mother. (Who ended up suggesting that I start a blog a few days before I actually asked her.)
- One day, I want to travel all over Europe (and maybe stay in England for a while because 1) England is awesome, and 2) I want a British accent), and one day, I want to publish a novel (and maybe get lots of money for it???).
- I cannot fall asleep without my stuffed animal dog (a Dalmatian) named Doggie. #creative ❤
- I am weird. (But you already knew that.)
- Grace at The Girl Upstairs
- Allie at The Depth of My Faith
- Ivy at Flaming Ivy
- Vivian at Writing With Style
- Emma at Reading Through the Night
- Sarah at Btween the Pages
- Kate at Teen Girl Meets World
- Lana at The Music of Words
- Gracie at A Light in the Darkness
- Liv at Liv A Little
(I think that this has been through the blogosphere before, so if you’ve already been nominated for it, don’t worry about having to do it again!)
The Blue Sky Tag
I was nominated for this tag by Bella from The Daydreaming Damsel. Thank you!
- Thank the person who tagged you
- Answer their 11 questions
- Tag 11 people
- Give them 11 questions to answer
Here we go!
Do you have any pets?
I was about to answer no when I realized that I DO have a pet. #SoNice
I am fostering a cute little guinea pig name Remy. He is the adorablest, but he poops so much. I wish I could have a dog, though, but I’m allergic to both dogs and cats. 😦
What’s your favorite name?
Um… I don’t have one??? I love so many names, and there are thousands of names that I don’t even know, so I really don’t have a favorite name!
If you could change your appearance in any way, what would you change?
Well… I think I’d want to make my eyes a tiiiiny bit bigger. Or make myself taller. OOH. I’d take away the hunched part of my back. 😦 #help
Would you rather be an archeologist or a marine biologist?
Marine biologist! I really love fossils and all that, but marine life is so interesting!
What’s your favorite animal?
ELEPHANTS. Tied for second are dolphins and dogs (cocker spaniels). But elephants. Have you seen baby elephants??? AGH THEY’RE SO CUTE.
Who’s your favorite singer?
I don’t have a favorite singer. 🙂 I rarely have any favorites. But I do have a list of favorites though. 🙂
Let’s say that Lin-Manuel Miranda is one of my favorites. 😛
(And hey… I’m going to do a post about favorite singers soon… 😄 )
Favorite music genre?
Ooh. That’s hard. I love listening to songs that have a deep meaning, such as James Bay or Tori Kelly’s songs (soulful, but not soulful). Pop music is good too, but it’s becoming so modern and *ahem* inappropriate these days. 😦
Have you ever written a song?
Nope. I would like to, but I would probably fail, because I absolutely cannot rhyme.
(Unless you can’t that song I made to the tune of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer about cells… That was actually pretty good. *sings “Endoplasmic reticulum”*
What’s your favorite time of day?
Agh. I don’t know. I think it would probably be morning. Night is great, but one, I can never fall asleep (without Melatonin), so I often dread the night. Afternoons are always blech since you’re just so tired in the middle of the day. So yeah. Morning. I mean, you’re tired from waking up and all, but then after a while, you feel fresh.
Do you like the water?
YES. Water is so cool! (I really need to drink more of it though…)
Have you ever been to the ocean?
Yup! I haven’t been there in a long time, though.
- Abi at The Freckled Fashionista
- Kellyn at Reveries
- Solaice at Oh Solace
- Emily at The Island of Me
- Sara at Embracing the Moment
- Anika at Anika’s Avenue
- Emma at Book Emma
- Aqsa at Aqsa Says What?
- Rutvi at Capturing and Creating
- Samantha at AG Doll Awesome
- Julia at Love My Dollies
- What is your favorite color?
- What is one tangible thing you can’t live without?
- What is one intangible thing you can’t live without?
- How many hours of sleep do you get on average?
- When are you the most productive?
- If you could eat one thing only for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Would you rather watch TV, play video games, or read a book?
- Name three items that pop into your mind.
- What are you wearing right now? (don’t worry about undergarments 😛 )
- What is something you want for your birthday?
- And finally… How are you doing? 🙂
The Blogger Aesthetic Award
I was (sort of) nominated by Marie from Drizzle and Hurricane Books. I mean, she kindly nominated me through the comments, and because it’s AESTHETICS, how can I resist? (Thanks, Marie. 😛 )
- Collect any number of images that you feel represent you as a person—your personality, aspirations, favorite things, anything at all that makes you you.
- Put your chosen images together into a collage of whatever size and shape you find pleasing.
- Share your masterpiece with everyone, in all the places.
- Maybe nominate other bloggers as a way to tell them, “Hey, you, I think you’re awesome, and we should celebrate that awesomeness.”
- Share these rules (and maybe the below tips, if you’re feeling helpful).
- Find inspiration by spending (minimum) three hours scrolling through aesthetic Tumblr posts relevant to you.
- Two great places to hunt for pictures are Pinterest and WeHeartIt. Pinterest requires an account; WeHeartIt does not.
- PicMonkey’s collage editor is free to use and doesn’t require an account, heck yes. YouTube has plenty of tutorials on how to use it; I watched this one (which begins with tips on how to find decent photos).
I hope you like what I put together! 😀
(All images were found on the internet and belong to their owners. And they’re all from the internet because I cannot take good booky pics with this DARN PHONE CAMERA.)
These people are the people who I know are absolute aesthetic-y people. #yourewelcome
- April at April Dreams
- Mahriya at My Bookish Life
- Amelie at That’s All There Is
- Cas at Lemon Lullabies
The Rapid Fire Book Tag
I was tagged for this by the lovely Emma from Reading Through The Night. This looks super fun, so thanks, Emma!
eBooks or Physical Books
PHYSICAL BOOKS ALL THE WAY. It’s SOOOO much better to have the book in my hand, and to flip through it, and to SMELL that WONDERFUL MUSTY SMELL. Also, eBooks can make my eyes hurt. Just like I can’t edit on the computer.
Paperback or Hardcover
Ouch. Hard one. Well, hardcover, because it’s better quality haha. Well, maybe paperback??? I don’t know. THE CONTENT IS WHAT COUNTS.
Online or in-store book shopping
Erm, hello??? IN-STORE BOOK SHOPPING! Why would you shop for books online when you can go to a store, flip through the book, look at that PRETTY (or ugly) COVER IN REAL LIFE, and smell that wonderful smell???
Trilogies or Series
Oh. Um. I think… trilogies. Trilogies are the best at keeping everything short, concise, and to the point, I think. Series can grow longer and longer, and sometimes those middle books aren’t so good. But it depends on the plot and the storyline.
Heroes or Villains
I would say heroes, but… VILLAINS ARE SO INTERESTING! Of course, that’s only if they’re really well developed. And it depends on who is the villain. For example, in Marie Lu’s The Young Elites, Adelina technically is the villain, but because she is the protagonist, the villain could easily be seen as all those other people opposed to her. (This girl has a lot of #enemies.) BUT VILLAINS ARE SO COOL AND INTERESTING AND COMPLEX and it’s super awesome to read about why and how they became the villains. (Unless the book doesn’t include that. Ick.)
A book you want everyone to read
Um. Well. Harry Potter? Or Percy Jackson? You know. Classically great stories.
Recommend an underrated book
Oh dear. I think I’d have to say… Lawless by Jeffrey Salane. It doesn’t get all the attention it deserves!
The last book you finished
SCYTHE! It was wonderful. It’s by Neal Shusterman, whose books I must read now, and it was just a great, great book! A mini book review is coming up!
Weirdest thing you used as a bookmark
I use a lot of things for bookmarks??? I mean, most of the time I just close the book and conveniently forget the page number, and then paper bookmarks that are all nice and decorative end up being left around the house. One time I used my glasses as a bookmark. And my phone. Which was great because I couldn’t remember where I had left them.
Used books, yes or no
Well, used books generally come from Half Price Books for me, and while they are cheaper… I JUST CAN’T.
Top three favorite genres
Easy peasy! Fantasy, sci-fi, and dystopian!
(But no fantasy creatures except for HP and KOTLC, and no aliens/space.)
Borrow or Buy
Well. I would LOVE to buy books all the time, but I’m #broke so unfortunately, borrow. 😥
Characters or Plot
CHARRIEEEEEEEEEEEES. The characters make the story! Obviously, the plot is the story, but without the characters, we wouldn’t care about the plot! Why on earth would we care about a story if we couldn’t connect to the people in it? CHARRIES ARE SO WONDERFUL AND AGH.
Long or Short Book
Quality over quantity! I’m fine with any length.
Long or Short Chapters
It ends when it ends. If it’s long, okay, and if it’s short, no problem. However, I don’t like too long chapters, or too short chapters. Unless the short chapters are to make a point.
Name the first three books you think of
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman
- When by Victoria Laurie
I’m sorry??? Those just came out of nowhere??? This is what happens when you put me under pressure like that???
Books that make you laugh or cry
OH, SO MANY BOOKS MAKE ME LAUGH. But only three have made me cry:
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling (why did he have to DIIIIIIIIIE)
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth (I knew it was coming but STILLLLLLLLLLL)
- The Midnight Star by Marie Lu (I suspected it would end that way but ASDFGHJKL)
Books that I SHOULD’VE cried for, but DIDN’T:
- Legend by Marie Lu (Marie Lu hates her readers)
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (why. why. why. why.)
Our World or Fictional Worlds
Well, that’s sort of hard. I like a lot of dystopian worlds, where it’s our world, but in the future, but I also like fictional worlds, so… BOTH.
Audiobooks, Yes or No
I’ve only listened to a few audiobooks before, and they were not for full-length novels. Except for Matilda, but I only listened to part of it. I like physical books because while audiobooks are good for multitasking, physical books don’t annoy you with weird voices.
Do you ever judge a book by its cover
Um, who doesn’t??? What kind of question is this??? #coverlove
I could say more, but there really isn’t much more to it. Also, I’M NEARING 3,000 WORDS NO NO NO.
Book to Movie or Book to TV Adaptation
Hmm… “TV Adaption”. That sounds like the book is going to be really adapted and morphed into something completely different. But the movie industry is really bad at sticking to the book too… I think I’d say TV adaptation because it can go on for a little longer, which leaves room for more details, which then allows you to stick to the plot of the book. Unless it’s horribly adapted and doesn’t even resemble the book??? In that case, NONE.
Series or Standalone
AGH. AGH. BOTH. Series is good for continuing the plot, but standalones are just so strong and sturdy!
- Mikaela at The Well-Thumbed Reader
- Analee at Book Snacks
- Emma at Emma the Book Lover
- Marie at Drizzle and Hurricane Books
- M & B at Closet Readers
- Sarah at Exuberant Bookworm
I was nominated for this award by the lovely Aqsa from Aqsa Says What? The creator of this (epic) award is Liv from Your Rose Awaits who made the website theCramm. theCramm is dedicated to bringing teens and others the news of what’s happening right now in our world. Be sure to check it out if you haven’t!
Here are the rules of this award:
- Include that little tidbit about who created this (epic) award (with a link to the website)
- Mention the person who nominated you
- Share three things that motivate you to blog
- Share three people who inspire you to blog
- Share one thing you hope to do to improve the world
- Answer your challenge question
- Nominate 10+ bloggers and give them a fun “challenge question”
So. Um. Three things that motivate me to blog.
- Other blogs. Honestly, I saw other blogs, and BAM, I wanted to make a blog just like theirs!
- Being famous. Hahaha just kidding. Maybe.
- Spreading my greatness. Admit it. You feel much better after finding my blog.
- Okay, fine. I’ll do an actual reason: Expressing myself and being witty. Guys, being witty is so hard you don’t even know. BUT IT’S SO FUN. And with my blog posts, I can be anything and do anything, and I love blogging for the same reason I love writing―expression!
How am I supposed to do only three people??? Well, since I’m such a rule follower, I’m going to name a few hundred people.
- First off, APRIL DEER (yes, I know it’s not spelled that way) from April Dreams! I’d always wanted to start a blog, but meeting her and visiting her blog really reignited that spark. Thank you so much, deerie! ❤
- Cait at Paper Fury. Omg that girl is so hilarious and funny; she, her blog, and her blogging voice is #GOALS. I find myself very inspired by her.
- Grace at The Girl Upstairs! I found her blog through April’s blog (#stalkerskills) and I really loved it and everything else. She is a very big inspiration to me as well! 😀
- Abi at the Freckled Fashionista has a fantabulous blogs, Astro and Rift from the YWP are such great supporters, and Ivy at Flaming Ivy along with my friend Ryan (hahahaha) also supported me and urged me on.
- And then people who inspire me NOW include other bloggers, people in real life, and… you guessed it… BOOKS. And mangoes. Don’t forget them mangoes.
One thing I hope to do to improve the world is to slowly work up to being an activist. Okay, so it may sound a little crazy, but I am passionate about many beliefs (especially about equality and rights), and I hope that one day, I will be an official activist and advocate for that equality and those rights. But right now, I can start with just raising my voice, and spreading equality.
Aqsa’s challenge question for me: If you were to have 3 wishes to change the world, what would you wish for?
- An end to war, and peace forever.
- Equality for all.
- Making sure every person has every need fulfilled.
- Bella at The Daydreaming Damsel
- Clara at Clara’s Craft Corner
- Allison at A Farm Girl’s Life
- Megan at A Barefoot Gal
- Josie at Josie on the Go
- Audrey at Please Just One More Page
- Anna at Swords and Quills
- Olivia at Absolutely Olivia
- Robin at Gems of Literature
- McKenzie at Bookish Things and Tea
My challenge question is: What are some things that have made you a better person?
If you read everything to this point YOU ARE INHUMAN AND THANK YOU SO MUCH. But seriously, do you enjoy these little “Tag Time” posts? Are they way too long? ARE MY POSTS TOO LONG??? (please answer that because I didn’t put it in the survey but I meant to) And do you think I should leave some tags/awards to the birds, or do them all? PLEASE HELP. I AM DYING OVER HERE FROM LONG-POST-INGLITUS.
P.S. The only reason there aren’t any images/gifs is because I DIDN’T WANT TO MAKE THIS POST ANY LONGER THAN IT IS. *cries*