Well, February was a big month.
In advance, I am warning you of the length of this post. I’m sorry. All my posts are long, but my MMMs are always going to be long, because 1) so much happens in a month, it’s crazy, 2) I just want to tell you everything, and 3) because you are the dutiful followers of the Mango Queen (aka ME), you want to hear about everything and you will read everything and comment, OMG MAY THAT WAS SO AWESOME I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS AND OMG DID YOU SAY THAT AND AGH CONGRATS AND EEE I’M SO EXCITED FOR YOU I LOVE THIS POST IT WAS AMAZING AND OF COURSE I AM A DUTIFUL FOLLOWER OF THE MANGO QUEEN BECAUSE WHO ELSE WOULD I FOLLOW???
Oh, why thank you, dutiful follower. I will pay you back (not that I need to, since, ahem, I’m the Mango QUEEN) with some mangoes. At the end of this post. The true test of a follower.
(You better pass.)
(Actually this wasn’t as long as yesterday’s post but OH WELL WHO CARES.)
*Ignore that weird cursive font in place of the ONE THAT NOW COSTS MONEY TO USE ON PICMONKEY. Lucky for me, I had saved a template of the whole MMM thing with another font, so whew!
- Book Stats for February
- Blog Stats for February
- Writing Stats for February
- Outstanding Life Moments of February
- February Goal Achievements & Failures (but mostly failures)
- Goals for March
- I read 5 books this month.
- Those 5 books were:
- The Graces by Laure Eve
- The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma
- Wires and Nerve by Marissa Meyer
- Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman
- Oh yeah and also We Are Witnesses by Jacob Boas but that doesn’t count because it was for school???
- As you can tell, 1) I got lazy with italicizing titles, and 2) I didn’t read that much this month. BUT HEY, IT’S NOT MY FAULT FEBRUARY HAS TWO/THREE DAYS LESS THAN THE AVERAGE MONTH.
- This is March, though, with thirty-one days, and nine days of Spring Break. #readingtime
- I have a head start though. I’m reading The Archived by Victoria Schwab right now. I like the idea but am not liking the first person point of view??? Help???
^^How do you center images, but not so that they’re in a straight line down???
Favorite book of the month?
Okay. DEFINITELY Scythe. Like omg that book was the absolute BEST??? Rowan is mine and Faraday is just like agh and Citra is so smart and omg PLOT TWISTS??? I MUST. READ. MORE.
Wires and Nerve was great too, though. It was so cute and fluffy and AGH. But it should’ve been longer.
SCYTHE WAS SO AMAZING I COMMAND YOU ALL TO GO READ IT NOW (and P.S. I’m going to do a tiny book review on it in a mini-book reviews post coming up soon where I will rant forever about it mwahahahaha).
Least favorite book of the month?
Oh, definitely Cruel Beauty. That was a disappointment. Actually, the ending was quite good, but other than that… *shudders* There was insta-love (they’re kissing on the first day and she suddenly wants him to kiss her more???) and a love triangle (although it wasn’t really a love triangle because *SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER* Ignifex and Shade were actually the same person???). But even if they weren’t the same person, it was like, “Oh, I want you! No, I want YOU! No, you kissed me and now I want to kiss me back please kiss me back―oh wait I feel all warm when he touches me I WANT YOU.” And I was just like PLEASE MAKE UP YOUR MIND ALREADY.
So yeah, I was expecting more, but didn’t get it. And that pretty cover was so horribly misleading.
(Expect a tiny book review on this too.)
Favorite author of the month?
NEAL SHUSTERMAN ALL THE WAY. LIKE AGH??? NOW I MUST GO READ ALLLLLL OF HIS BOOKS HELP ME WHY HAS HE WRITTEN SO MANY NOVELS CURSE YOU GROWER-OF-TBR.
TBRs accumulated from this month?
- Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge (I’m TRYING another novel of hers…)
- ALL OF NEAL SHUSTERMAN’S BOOKS HELP ME
- A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab (so apparently this wasn’t on last month’s accumulated TBR??? but GUYS GUYS I BOUGHT THIS ONLINE TODAY AND I’M SO EXCITEEEEEEEEED though it’s coming next Wednesday whyyyyyy)
- Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven (so this was the one that I saw at Barnes and Noble but then forgot, but apparently my subconscious brain had remembered the author’s name so YAY―Marie helped as well)
- WHY CAN’T I REMEMBER ANY MORE NO I NEED TO READ THOSE BOOKS BRAIN COME BACK AAARRGGGHHH
- I just passed my ONE MONTH BLOGIVERSARY!!! (EEE!!!)
- Again, thank you for the wonderful feedback I received on the feedback survey. LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH.
- I might love you enough to spend hours making an infographic on the results, but WHO KNOWS.
- Stats for February 2017 (just February):
- 12 posts
- 1,651 views
- 313 likes
- 609 comments
- 91 WordPress followers
- Again, I am obliged to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Some of you have been with me for the whole month, and some of you haven’t, but that’s okay, because you’re here with me now and I love you for it. Honestly, I’m surprised at (and thankful for) how quickly my blog grew. I’ll talk about this later, but my goal was to have 100 followers by the end of the year, and I’m already past that, AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THIRD MONTH??? HOW???
Favorite post of the month?
Hmm… I liked so many… I think my favorite would have to be How to Survive While May is on Blogging Hiatus + One Month Blogiversary!!! It was super duper fun to write, and it celebrated my one month blogiversary!
Top posts of the month?
I’m really #techsavvy and putting the link to the post under the image because I totally now how to link images. (#sendhelp)
Unpopular posts that deserve to be recognized for their awesomeness?
Um, not really? I mean, obviously as my blog grows, the number of likes/comments for each posts grows, so some of the posts in early February don’t have that many likes as later posts. (However, as time went on, the number of comments worn down??? Probably because those old days were filled with lots of chatting, and now, not so much. GUYS. WHEN I SAY CHAT WITH ME, I MEAN CHAT WITH ME. I LIKE TALKING.)
But I do like this post: The HamilTag. What. Hamilton is great.
(I’m pretty sure they’re talking about another Hamilton, but shhhh.)
Other awesome posts?
(Yes, I’m changing it, because my list of shout-outs would be endless, and posts just narrow it down. A bit.)
- How is she so hilarious. Cait’s post about the relationship between children and books is like asdfghjkl.
- I had so much fun doing this author interview with the lovely April. ❤
- Our dear Grace is being sarcastic in her post about Tech Week??? What???
- Allie’s little post scared me sooooo baaaaad. SHE’S SO MEAN. 😦
- I don’t know how she didn’t love Jesper or Inej (THEY’RE SO PRECIOUS), but Mahriya’s fangirl-filled review of Six of Crows was A+.
- I had a tiny wittle “guest” post of fluff on Amelie’s blog which was 76% me being witty, 22% talking about myself, 2% being mean to people. #winning
- Cas started writing again??? THANK THE HEAVENS.
- I also did a little character questionnaire with my friend Ivy, and you guys liked her answers more than I thought you would??? I mean, come on, it’s IVY, for goodness sake.
- Hahahahahaha the only memorable writing moment this month was that I FAILED TO COMPLETE MY OUTLINE. 😥
- But guys. I hate IMS now??? Half of the plot is told from the ANTAGONIST’S POINT OF VIEW. WHAT THE HECK ARE THE MAIN CHARACTERS DOING WHILE THE ANTAGONIST IS DOING ALL THIS. ARE THEY JUST SITTING AROUND HAVING PICNICS AND RIDING ON UNICORNS??? (Though that would be nice.)
- I am sooo tempted to just give up on IMS. But NO. I love love LOVE my charries and I don’t think I could ever abandon this batch of amazing people. So I’m working on character questionnaires that I think will help take my mind off plot problems, but at the same time, it will help me get to know the characters better so I can fix the plot problem. #winning
- But I DID get an early start on those character questionnaires, so yay?
- Please help with writing motivation though. I am absolutely dying.
- Okay, let’s see how much I remember!
- I had my dance show, which was just SO fun and amazing, and such a great experience. ❤
- I went to a dance convention and it was totally awesome! I had lots of fun, even though I am STILL sore and achy.
- THERE WAS A THREE-DAY WEEKEND. HALLELUJAH.
- And also Valentine’s Day. But meh.
- Oh yeah, I went to a school dance where I actually DANCED. It was great.
- So this is more of a reading moment but SOMEONE KINDLY BOUGHT A (hardcover) BOOK FOR ME??? THANK YOU???
- Oh, yes, I got two of my closest friends to start a blog. (Click the links. CLICK THEM.)
- AND DON’T FORGET… Hmm. I forgot.
READ SEVEN BOOKS. ㄨ
- So. I almost made it. C’MON I READ FIVE BOOKS. IS THAT NOT ENOUGH??? *cries* NO IT IS NOT ENOUGH.
ONE OF THOSE SEVEN BOOKS NOT INCLUDING WE ARE WITNESSES. ㄨ
- Oh, look, I actually read six books. But dang it that doesn’t count.
MAYBE DO A REVIEW FOR ONE OF THOSE SEVEN BOOKS ON THIS BLOG? ㄨ
- Haha, that doesn’t count as a goal… AND EVEN IF IT DID, I’M DOING A MINI BOOK REVIEWS POST THIS MONTH. DON’T KILL ME.
FINISH IMS OUTLINE. ㄨ
- No. No. No.
- I’m not going to say any more because I am completely DESTROYED by this failure.
START REWRITING CHAPTER SEVEN OF IMS. ㄨ
- Hahaha no.
- But I did start answering my character questionnaires if that makes up for all my horrible failures in this category???
PLAN A LITTLE MORE OF DARK FAIRY-TALE RETELLING. ㄨ
- Oops. Well, I’m sorry, MY OUTLINE WAS TOO BUSY KILLING ME.
- People these days.
- Goals these days???
START A BLOG SERIES. ✓
- I diiiiiid! My Writerly Updates are lookin’ pretty great! I have a plan for a new blog series as well, but that will happen in April. (Because I have too many post ideas for March and have to refrain from #smushing.)
MAYBE DO A REVIEW FOR A BOOK I READ THIS MONTH ON THIS BLOG? ㄨ
- Like I said, it doesn’t count. AND I’M DOING ONE THIS MONTH. SHEESH.
REACH THIRTY FOLLOWERS. ✓✓✓
- Oh yes. THIS goal. At least I have one goal that I achieved by like a million??? Well, only fifty, but SITLL OMG ONE HUNDRED+ FOLLOWERS HOOOOOOOOW??? I was hoping for that amount by the END OF THE YEAR and I’m PAST THAT IN MARCH??? *dies*
PRACTICE PIANO MORE. ✓
- Well, I failed at this at the beginning of the month, but then I got better! Sometimes I’m really busy (drafting blog posts… #OopsMyBad) and aren’t able to do it, but it’s safe to say I get about five to six days of practice per week! 😀
SPEND LESS TIME ON THE COMPUTER. ㄨ
- This goal shouldn’t even exist??? I mean, it should. But in the form of something I can actually achieve. Like. Ten minutes less of computer time every day. See. That works.
GET MORE SLEEP AND PRAY EVERY NIGHT. ㄨ
- NO. I HAVE NOT BEEN GETTING MORE SLEEP. There were these two school nights were I got NINE+ HOURS OF SLEEP WHAT and it was wonderful. Then the next night I had like seven hours of sleep. #goals
- Oh, HAHAHA I haven’t prayed since the night before I asked my mom to start a blog. Yes, I was really that nervous, and yes, I’m a very bad person.
READ AT LEAST SEVEN BOOKS THIS MONTH.
- In memory of this month’s fail… But I got this! It’s Spring Break, so surely I can find time to read then???
TAKE A BOOKY PICTURE.
- Okay, I really want to start photography because it’s so cool, but I have no good cameras??? Also, so many book bloggers have these awesome booky pics (aka #bookstagram) AND I WANT TO TAKE BOOKY PICS TOO? Of course, they will be horrible quality because horrible cameras. BUT STILL.
- I actually took one of Scythe some time ago. It’s smushed into a post somewhere.
GET A GOODREADS ACCOUNT.
- So this is something that a lot of bloggers/bookworms have, and I NEED it. I’m not sure how I feel about reviewing the books I read, because honestly, I just read for enjoyment and not analyzing, but I think it would be fun! Also, I want to keep track of my book stats, and I think you can do that on Goodreads??? Tell me if I’m wrong.
FINISH MY FREAKIN’ OUTLINE.
- Like what the heck. I need this DONE. I will rant about my problems later.
COMPLETE MY CHARACTER QUESTIONNAIRES FOR EVERYONE & DEVELOP MAZARINE AND JAMISON
- I STARTED THIS EARLY SO I’M HAPPY but the questionnaire I’m using is like 11 pages long??? And I have seven main characters that I need to develop??? 77 pages worth of questions??? Help???
- Also, Mazarine and Jamison are so complex??? Why did I make this so hard on myself. Why.
START WRITING AGAIN!
- This would start at just rewriting Chapter 7 (my old goal), but then I think I can go beyond rewriting and actually finishing Chapter 7. And hopefully making it to Chapter 8? Because Camp NaNo is coming up and I want to be prepared??? Which leads me to…
IMPLEMENT MY *** **** ****** *** ***** *** ********
- Heehee, it’s a surprise! STAY TUNED FOR SATURDAY’S POST, FOLKS!
REACH 130 FOLLOWERS.
- Okay, so this sounds a little arrogant, but I feel like I will get more than 130??? I mean, I had 24 WordPress followers by the end of January (to be fair, I started blogging on the 22nd) and then it went up to 114 by the end of February??? So I THINK I’ll probably get more than 130???
- PLEASE DON’T TAKE THAT AS ARROGANT OR SELF-CONFIDENT OR ANYTHING. THAT’S JUST MY PREDICTION, BASED ON PAST STATISTICS.
HOPEFULLY, HOPEFULLY, HOPEFULLY GET A PINTEREST ACCOUNT FOR MY BLOG.
- Guys. I really really really REALLY want a Pinterest account. If I could have one social media account, it would be Pinterest because PINTEREST IS AWESOME LOOK AT THOSE PINS AND BOARDS AND PRETTY AESTHETICS ADLGKASLDKGHALSDG. Plus, it’s great for stories and promoting your blog. #winning
GET OFF THE COMPUTER BY AT LEAST EIGHT THIRTY.
- So my parents are supposed to turn my Wi-Fi off at eight o’clock, but 1) sometimes they forget and who am I to remind them? and 2) sometimes I need to work on homework past eight (like if I have an activity that doesn’t allow me to do it before that time), and I’ll end up using it until after eight. BUT I NEED TO GET OFF THE COMPUTER BY EIGHT THIRTY OR I SWEAR, I WILL COME AND THROW MANGOES IN MY OWN FACE. Actually, I’ll throw mangoes at you guys, because throwing things is fun and you’ll all fly away and ne’er return, LEAVING ME LONELY WITH NO COMMENTS.
GET. MORE. SLEEP.
- Agh. I cannot stress HOW important sleep is. Honestly. I mean, I’d love to stay up drafting posts or reading books (all great things), but SLEEP IS SO IMPORTANT. I want to get at least nine hours of sleep every night. I work best with ten. I usually get eight. Or less. SEE MY PROBLEM???
CONTINUE PRACTICING PIANO FIVE-SIX TIMES A WEEK AND TRY TO PRAY AT LEAST TWICE A WEEK.
- Oh, look, there’s May smushing things into things into things again. Gosh. She does that enough with posts; can’t she just give the goals a break too???
- (Answer: No.)
How was le MMM for February? Will you offer me your shoulder to cry on BECAUSE I DIDN’T FINISH MY OUTLINE? Do you think I’ll achieve more goals this time? What do you think about my 100+ FOLLOWERS IN ABOUT A MONTH??? CHAT WITH MOI. MOI IS LONELY. (Je suis lonely? What? #sendhelpagain)
(If you can’t tell, I take French. And I’m brilliant at it. Mostly. Sort of. OKAY SO I CAN BARELY HAVE A CONVERSATION IN FRENCH BUT I KNOW THE WORD FOR APPLES.)
(But not mangoes??? WHAT IS THIS TORTURE???)
P.S. Tomorrow is World Book Day!!! What are you doing in celebration of this wonderful day? I’m going to spend at least 40 minutes reading, rather than just 30. #score
P.P.S. Today is the day you can start signing up for NaPoWriMo. Is anyone else doing it this year? I’m attempting it, as well as Camp NaNo. This is going to be interesting…