May wasn’t a GREAT month (how dare it disappoint me), but it was still pretty good.
I mean, it should’ve been an AMAZING month, considering it IS named after ME, but we can’t all have what we want.
But I’m pretty excited for June. Excited meaning “I will totally rock this WAHOO” or “oh man there’s a 90% chance of failing and that 10% isn’t looking good”.
I read a total of nine books this month, which I’m quite proud of. I feel like I could’ve read more… but I read a lot of adult Schwab and adult writing is hard for me to read okay???
Also I have an actual picture (of most) of the books I read. It’s okayish???
- Shiver Maggie Stiefvater // A cute romance but was it insta-love??? ★★★★☆
- Ghosts Raina Telgemeier// Graphic novel that I feel completely “meh” about. ★★★☆☆
- PS I Still Love You Jenny Han // MY FEEEEEEEELS. I NEED THIRD BOOK NOOOOOOOW. ★★★★★
- A Gathering of Shadows VE Scwhab // Holy cow guys what a cliffhanger. THE CHARACTERS.
- A Conjuring of Light VE Schwab // 100% PERFECTION AND I AM DEAD AND DAMAGED FOREVER. ★★★★★ [review here]
- The Serpent King Jeff Zentner // Umm??? My heart broke only slightly??? ★★★★★
- The Inexplicable Logic of My Life Benjamin Alire Sáenz // AGH these characters and amazing Vicente. ★★★★☆
- Vicious VE Schwab // WOW GUYS so dark and evil and I loooove. ★★★★☆ [review here]
- When the Moon Was Ours Anna-Marie McLemore // Magical realism yes please??? Also I love this book so so muuuuuch. ★★★★★ [review here]
As you can see, I pretty much enjoyed ALL the books I read this month, which makes me SUPER HAPPY.
I ALSO GOT A GOODREADS ACCOUNT!!! I’m super excited and spent like most of Sunday fooling around with it. Friend me, frens.
So this month, I actually got BOOKS??? *gasp* I know! And the best part is that two out of three were free!
That’s a really bad pic of what I got. (IT’S NOT STRAIGHT AAAGGGHHH.) Basically:
- Illuminae Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff // I bought this with my OWN MONEY WHOA and I’m so excited to read it!!!
- The Girl at Midnight Melissa Grey // Delcaorte Press sent me this along with an editorial review (as a prize for a writing contest I won).
- The Shadow Hour Melissa Grey // Sequel to The Girl at Midnight. I’m not sure if I’ll read these because it seems MG-ish???
Another gasp. May’s doing actual hauls??? Here is what I got from the library for June.
- The Weight of Feathers Anna-Marie McLemore // I’ve heard great things about it PLUS it’s the debut of the person who wrote When the Moon Was Ours so obviously I need???
- The Names They Gave Us Emery Lord // I admit that I didn’t know what this was about until after it was marked “to-read” BUT I’VE BEEN HEARING THINGS ABOUT IT, ‘KAY. (I’ve also accidentally read it already. ★★★★☆)
- Strange the Dreamer Laini Taylor // THIS SEEMS GREAT. But I’m also scared because I ended up DNFing the last book of her Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy. I WANT TO LIKE THIS SO BAD.
- Geekerella Ashley Poston // It’s about the fandom life PLUS a cross with Cinderella. (I think. I actually didn’t read the blurb very well???) YES PLEASE.
- Wink Poppy Midnight April Genevieve Tucholke // I checked this out a long time ago but never read it. Now after hearing somewhat good reviews, I will check it out again???
- History is All You Left Me Adam Silvera // ONE BOOK ON MY SUMMER TBR WAHOO.
- Because You’ll Never Meet Me Leah Thomas // I honestly don’t know why I checked this out??? The blurb seems boring to me but I WILL READ IT.
favorite book of the month?
I literally cannot stop gushing about A Conjuring of Light. Why is it so perfect and why is it so heartbreaking???
favorite author of the month?
Hmm… definitely not VE Schwab…
OF COURSE IT WAS VE SCHWAB I READ THREE OF HER BOOKS AND ENJOYED THEM ALL IMENSELY. (Even though it took me a looooong time to get through them.)
- Always and Forever, Lara Jean
- This Savage Song
- The Goodbye Days
- The Weight of Feathers
- Strange the Dreamer
- It’s been a third of a year that I’ve been blogging. Holy mangoes, amirite.
- I also accumulated a total of 474 followers??? Why??? How???
- 14 posts
- 5,022 views
- 978 likes
- 1,834 comments
- 146 WordPress followers + 3 email followers
- Stats went up (compared to last month… and actually all the months before) because you #missed me.
tops posts of the month?
favorite post of the month?
I feel like this month was a GREAT blogging month, because I enjoyed writing pretty much all of the posts, but this one I feel super proud of, because I think I was wittier in this one??? Also people commented and said this too so I’M NOT IMAGINING THIS.
other awesome posts?
- Cait gives us a much-needed life update!
I’m not stalkerish at all.
- Mahriya starts her Typewriter Project omg???
- Grace is moving to a self-hosted blog!!! #jelly
- Joce held the Book Blogger Awards and I got an honorable mention!
- Mikaela discusses talking about our blog in real life, which I totally related to.
- Jackie created her own meme, called Fierce Fangirl Friday! FANGIRL WITH ME.
- Gracie is starting her Passion for The World blogging project! Go check it out!
- Cheila is starting an online magazine (Bumblebee) with some other bloggers!
- Analee shared her beautiful gorgeous AESTHETIC bullet journal. I NEED.
- Julianna shares some writing updates—SHE WAS INSPIRED TO WRITE BE ME???
- My friend Neela started her own blog!
- Violet FINALLY posts after way too long! And cracks me up.
me taking over the blogosphere?
- I got a Goodreads account (which 1) isn’t that blogging-related, and 2) has already been said). GO FRIEND ME. RIGHT NOW. I AM LONELY.
- UMM. THERE WAS SOMETHING ELSE BUT I FORGOT.
- Here’s my 6th writerly update that is more in-depth on what’s going on in my fabulous #writerslife.
- Basically, I got the basic structure of the plot and named some characters.
- I’m working on worldbuilding and developing my characters.
- And OH YES, I’m editing IMS for a writing contest. It’s not going that great??? Can someone save my red pen please???
- I also got a PLOT BUNNY THAT WILL NOT GO AWAY OMG STOP.
- OMG I CAN’T BELIEVE I DID NOT MENTION IN MY POST THAT I GOT MY WORK REVIEWED BY AN ACTUAL EDITOR!!! I will talk more of this in my next writerly update because holy cow how could I forget but basically I was so excited and nervous and gaaaaah.
- (Basically it was a prize for winning a writing contest (the one I’m entering again) and they FINALLY GOT BACK TO ME, with feedback that is old. I’M TOO SMART FOR THIS.)
- (No just kidding it was actually great and super helpful.)
- Salad actually takes a really long time to make!!! Yay…!
- I had my dance recital, which was great. I feel like this year, I’ve been less shy dancing-wise (and sassier).
- I also had my piano recital. The day after my dance recital. On the weekend that exams started. How fun.
- On the topic of school, I had exams (but only three of them were actual exams). I got the results back and got all A’s… basically 100% on everything but two. *cries* I AM ALSO FINALLY FREE FROM SCHOOL HALLEULUJAH.
- Mother’s day happened and my dad got my mom an iPad HOW DARE HE BETRAY ME.
- The amazing Violet came over for a sleepover. It was great. We watched The Incredibles. Which was incredible. *wink wink*
- HONEY, WHERE’S MY SUPER SUIT???
- Oh, and I chopped off two inches of my hair. Apparently I have “beautiful” and “stunning” hair, but I’m not sure if the hair-cutter* is complimenting me or his work??? #struggles
- Near the end of May, I went to a “summer daycare” thing (I’ve been going there since I was like seven okay) and I’ve discovered that LITTLE KIDS ARE CUTE BUT THEY SMELL AND CRY A LOT. They also like my attention. 😉
- It’s been five years since we found out that my mom had cancer (May 30th). ❤
- Also, I have a funny sister:
*walking from library to car*
Sis: Wow books are heavy.
Me: *carrying seven hardcovers plus phone with arms and chin* You think???
*Well he’s not a hair-STYLIST because he CUT my hair. #logiciamwise
read at least eight books this month ✓
Nine! I wish I could’ve read more but at last it’s summer now!!! MORE READING.
three of those have to be fantasy ✓
IHmm, I read AGOS and ACOL which were obviously fantasy… but there wasn’t really another??? When the Moon was Ours is magical realism, and Vicious is supernatural/paranormal. But it could be considered fantasy??? WELL I SAY IT IS.
keep track of my TBR ✓
As I mention for the third time: I got Goodreads! Therefore I am one step closer to defeating the TBR! Friend me and we shall try to conquer this beast together!
edit at least chapters 1-3 of IMS ✓
I actually finished Chapters 1, 2, and 4. Of course, not ACTUAL edits, but at least first-round, right??? (Chapter 3 was skipped because #fullrewrite.)
brainstorm more ideas for “magic story” (200 words a day) ✓
This is like not specific at all, but I just really want to get some ideas out for my story. It doesn’t matter if it’s good or bad, or complete nonsense, I just gotta get going.
write more poetry! ㄨㄨㄨ
Well I totally did not forget about this.
explore new themes and fonts and stuff ✓ㄨ
The new font annoyed me… and I somewhat explored new themes. I THINK I know which theme I’m going with, but I’ll have to change some things around first.
reach 400 followers ✓✓✓
spend less time in the blogosphere ㄨㄨㄨ
HAHAHAA I CRACK MYSELF UP.
drink more water ㄨ
get. more. sleep. ㄨ
fix my posture at least fifteen times a day ✓ㄨ
At the beginning yes??? And then near the end of the month no.
read at least eleven books this month
I think I can do this??? It’s summer. And I already read one.
at least two of those books have to be from the TBR
In May, I defeated SEVEN books from my TBR. I obviously can do TWO this month right??? (Actually, 5/7 books that I checked out from the library are on my TBR. SOOOO.)
at least two have to be fantasy
Dude. I checked out so many contemporary books and I’m like NO. NO NO NO NO. FANTASYYYYY. But I know that I have at least two fantasy books that I plan to read??? Maybe.
brainstorm EVERYTHING for “magic” story
Including a title maybe??? But REALLY. I need to prepare everything so that I am READY to outline for Camp NaNo in July. (I also just got yet ANOTHER plot bunny which makes everything so much more complicated gosh.)
finish editing IMS for writing contest!
This and brainstorming are BOTH really important because writing contest deadline is July 1 and Camp NaNo starts… July 1. #help AND I’ll be out of town on the 27th, soooo I have to finish edits before then.
finalize ideas for my blog writing project
I’M SUPER EXCITED FOR THIS YO. And this would fit more in blogging but I honestly don’t care. And I was going to sign-ups in June, buuuuut a lot of things changed and now it’s moved to July. #sorrynotsorry
SPEND LESS TIME IN THE BLOGOSPHERE
reach 600 followers???
OMG OMG OMG I have like 469 followers right now (474 including email) BUT CAN WE MAKE IT CAN WE MAKE IT???
decide on new theme!
I reeeeeeally want to try out a new look (and I think I’ve got my eye set on one) but I just have to implement it! And ask for your feedback, of course.
get more sleep and drink more water
#smushing them into one I know. But honestly I suck at life so I need more goals you know???
straighten back MORE MORE MORE
I reeeeeally don’t want to have a hunched back, but that’s where it’s headed towards. I’m not that confident, but I’m sure that I can improve my posture just the SLIGHTEST bit by correcting it.
spend more time with the fam!
And/or outside. Because I don’t get enough outside time and slouch at my computer all day.
Look! A new feature! As if my wrap-up posts aren’t long enough. #sorrynotsorry
Here are just a few things that are coming up in this month, because you obviously need to know everything in my life.
I have a three-week writing camp! Also known as three-week three-hour writing CLASSES but you know, got to make it #fancy. I’m super excited because I went to this two years ago but was unable to go last summer.
Summer dance classes are also happening, because I need to stay in shape. And it’s a requirement for company dancers like moi. BUT I’LL LIKE IT. I just wish I could take contemporary… *cries*
I’m also taking a trip to Canada at the end of the month! And I just realized that this may conflict with some important things… #ohdear
(That also means I’ll have some scheduled posts and can’t answer to comments.)
how did YOUR may go? what books did you read? any writing accomplishments? any particular goals for june? what are some other things you’re looking forward to this month?