July was an… odd month???
On one hand, I celebrated my 6-month blogiversary, which was just AMAZING. But then I also DNF’ed two books (that I plan to come back to!!!).
I won Camp NaNo but didn’t actually finish my outline. I read pretty great books but I feel like I had a meh reading month???
IT’S WEIRD. JULY WAS WEIRD.
I read 9 books this month. EXACTLY MY GOAL MWAHAHAHA. But I did DNF two so that was sad.
I also got more immersed in the Goodreads community! I’ve met my name twin and some other awesome people. There will always be some good people on a website of a trolls! (THERE ARE SO MANY GR TROLLS GOSH.)
I also found out that Marie Lu, Mackenzi Lee, Adam Silvera, E Lockhart, and MANY other amazing authors will be at a book festival that I attended last year and I got SO SO EXCITED!!!
And then that same day, I found out that I was leaving for California the day the book festival was taking place.
I AM DESPAIR.
(I didn’t get to meet Leigh Bardugo last year, and now I don’t get to meet Marie Lu this year. WHO ARE!!! TWO OF MY!!! FAVORITE!!! AUTHORS!!! MORE DESPAIR!!!)
Anyways, moving on…
- The Love That Split the World Emily Henry // I really am getting into magical realism and love it! THAT ENDING THO. ★★★★☆
Nevernight Jay Kristoff// DNF // I really liked where this was going! However it was SUPER dry and hard to read. I’ll come back to it! I wish Jay was funnier in the actual text instead of the footnotes.
- Illuminae Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff // HOLY CRAP ADSHFLASKDGJJALKSJGL;A <– literally all I can say ★★★★★
The Diviners Libba Bray// DNF // I’m intrigued! But I just couldn’t read onnnn. IT WAS DRY. And Evie was annoying.
- Eliza and Her Monsters Francesca Zappia // Aw this was so great! Looooved the characters and the artwork was amazing! ★★★★★
- Letters to the Lost Brigid Kemmerer // This was super sweet and I loved the character development. PLUS DECLAN AND REV. ★★★★☆
- We Are Okay Nina LaCour // Basically: EHHHHH MEHHHH BLEHHHH. I was bored and I didn’t care. Good messages tho! ★★☆☆☆
- I’ll Give You the Sun Jandy Nelson // Aww this was so cute! Lots of deep tragic stuff with beautiful writing. ART! ★★★★☆ [4.5 stars]
- Gemina Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff // JFA;LKJDFA;LHBA;WIHLSFGAWES. I didn’t like this one as much as Illuminae but STILL. ★★★★★
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue Mackenzi Lee // I’ve been wanting this book SO. BAD. And it was great! I was just slightly disappointed. ★★★★☆ [4.5 stars]
- More Happy Than Not Adam Silvera // I really hoped I liked this one since I was disappointed by HIAYLM… and I was not disappointed! HEARTBREAKING. ★★★★★
favorite book of the month?
ILLUMINAE WAS SO FREAKING GOOD OMG I’M STILL DAMAGED ADJF;LASDJFLASDK.
We Are Okay. This book is either hit or miss, and it was a miss for me. While it had some important messages, I wasn’t able to connect to Marin, thus making me VERY bored.
Gemina and Gentleman’s Guide were SLIGHTLY disappointing. But not that much.
(Wow I’m so disappointed this month.)
most fun review to write?
My review for We Are Okay because I finally figured out how to insert gifs on Goodreads and I also ranted a bit.
- 12 posts
- 5,469 views
- 1,052 likes
- 1,766 comments
- 130 WordPress followers
- My stats were just SLIGHTLY better than June’s, which is great. (Although I didn’t get as many followers oops.) I had less views on some posts, and then more views on other posts, instead of an average amount of views for each post.
- I made a blogging survey for feedback, and what I got was simply AMAZING! Of course, I got a lot of compliments (thank yooooooou <3), but then I also got some pretty good feedback!
- For example, YOU GUYS WANT MORE BLOGGING-RELATED POSTS AND DISCUSSIONS.
- And another example: I forgot to put in a “none” option for posts you wanted less of. And apparently… a lot of you don’t want less of any of my posts. *squishtacklehugs*
- I also hosted my first ever Q&A and it was super fun! Idk if you liked it but I like answering questions, so???
top posts of the month?
favorite post of the month?
other awesome posts?
- Cait demands improvements to be made on Goodreads, and I 100% AGREE. WE NEED HALF-STARS. (And now they took away our likes fja;lksdgja;lkdsfjad.)
- Ilsa talked about 10 awkward, relatable blogging moments, and it’s her third post on her new (wonderful gorgeous amazing) blog!
- Analee discusses unsuccessful blog posts, and she makes me think… a lot… this isn’t good.
- Jackie gives VERY EXCITING NEWS AND I’M SO SO HAPPY FOR HER (and slightly jealous but not that much).
- Julianna talks about organizing our lives as bloggers, and I WANT TO KNOW ALL ABOUT HER BLOGGER LIFE NOW.
- and also some other posts but I didn’t bookmark them oops
me taking over the blogosphere?
- I posted on The Writing Writers, as a promotional post for Scribbler. MWAHAHAHA.
- I also was interviewed by Emma the Book Lover! Go check it out and tell her how amazing I am. Thank you so much to Emma for this opportunity! <33
- I set a goal of writing 10K words of my outline for Camp NaNo, and made it! I’d wanted to finish my outline, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to. Ooooops.
- I GOT ANOTHER PLOT BUNNY ASHDHJKSKFKTS.
- I announced my blog writing project, called The Scribbler’s Challenge, and I’m proud to say I have over 40 participants!
- Well I think that’s it.
- Wow this is sad.
- Someone please help me increase writing in my life.
- I got new glasses! They’re red and bigger and I love them a lot. I guess it’s time for a new profile pic, eh?
- I also got my braces off! They felt super slimy at first, but now I’m used to it. I DON’T LIKE MY RETAINER THO.
- I watched Wonder Woman, which was absolutely FANTASTIC. I’m still damaged.
- We celebrated my sister’s birthday! I gave her books like the great sister I am, and she had a Minute-to-Win-it birthday party, which was super fun.
- I ALSO STARTED WATCHING FRIENDS AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH OMG.
- I had a sleepover with the dearest Tessa, and we just had so much fun.
- I’m currently at a dance intensive, from 9 am to 4 pm. This is from July 31 to August 3 (tomorrow). OH and of course I have a hip hop master class after this from 4 to 8!!! YAY!!! I’M NOT GOING TO DIE!!! (This post is scheduled btw.)
- And finally, I went to Banff in Canada! It was GORGEOUS. I was going to publish a post full of gorgeous photos, but it didn’t work, so here are a few of my favorites:
- The first is Moraine Lake (MY FAVORITE OMG <3), then Peyto Lake which is just so blue. Then there’s Bow Lake (I stayed in the car for this one; my dad took that pic). And then the last is my feet in Two Jack Lake. It was actually an accidental shot.
- Oh and the last two have filters if ya can’t tell. :))
read at least nine books this month ✓
I read nine and DNF’ed two. So. I made it???
get into arcs and netgalley maybe???
LOL GUESS WHO STILL NEEDS TO ASK MOM ABOUT THIS.
take pictures of my beautiful rainbow shelf ✓
Well when Tessa came over I took some pictures. But that was it. BUT I DID TAKE PICTURES SO I DID COMPLETE THE GOAL.
outline magic story!!! ✓
I didn’t FINISH the outline, but that wasn’t the goal, was it???
come up with an ACTUAL TITLE ㄨ
not procrastinate ㄨ
800 700750 followers ㄨ
I LITERALLY HAD 747 ON THE 31ST AND THEN GOT 750 YESTERDAY. GO FIGURE.
fix design stuff ✓ㄨ
Well… I didn’t fix my header. Nor did I fix my Goodreads header. But I rewrote my About page??? Sort of???
launch my writing project!!! ✓
I DID AND I’M SO EXCITED!
get more sleep and drink more water ✓ㄨ
I got more sleep but not enough water.
straighten back MORE MORE MORE ㄨ
spend less time on the computer! ㄨ
Why did I even make this goal.
read at least eight books this month
Well. School is starting. So. *cries*
ask permission for and start requesting for arcs!
I WILL ASK HER I WILL I WILL.
interact less on goodreads
I LOVE THE GR COMMUNITY!!! But I have schoooooool.
plan out all my plot bunnies
I want to brainstorm ideas for each of my plot bunnies so that…
at the end of the month, choose a plot bunny to work with
I HAVE FOUR PLOT BUNNIES TO PLAN AND CHOOSE FROM LET’S GO.
don’t procrastinate writing
I still need this goal.
reach 850 followers
Since I didn’t really get 100 followers this month, I don’t want to aim TOO high, so I’ll just ask for 100 more. But I’ve tweaked my content based on the blogging survey I had for my 6-month blogiversary, so hopefully y’all like that!
fix header and goodreads graphic
Yeah, let’s not procrastinate on this, May.
DON’T FLOP THE SCRIBBLER’S CHALLENGE
*squeezes eyes shut* Please please please please please please.
drink more water
I NEED MORE WATER IN MY BODY
TO WASH OUT ALL MY SALTINESS.
fix my posture
I NEED THIS.
PRIORTIZE SCHOOL OVER BLOGGING
I will make this work. I WILL.
SCHOOL. IS. STARTING. And guess who is ready??? NOT ME. I’m going to cry because why is it here why is it here WHY IS IT HERE. I THOUGHT I JUST GOT OUT FOR SUMMER??? But I’m looking forward to seeing my schedule!
The Scribbler’s Challenge! It starts this Saturday (August 5), and I’m super super excited. I was great and thought of the prompts last minute BUT HEY WHATEVER WORKS YOU KNOW. I HOPE THIS DOESN’T FLOP.
Dance stuff! Classes aren’t back yet, but I’m part of something we call “Company” (an advanced dance team). Casting auditions are next Saturday! I’m a little nervous because this is when they decide what pieces you’ll be in.
how was your july? did you go anywhere exciting/gorgeous? what was your favorite book for july? any goals for august? going back to school or getting out of it? and finally, COOKIES OR ICE CREAM??? (excuse you, this is an extremely important question)