Hi yes what you heard is true: I’m going on hiatus.
Are those weeping cities you hear in the not-so-distant background??? Yes, you’re right. Everyone’s sobbing
in relief in joy in misery about me taking a blogging break.
But hey you know what??? That’s okay, because I need to take care of myself and you don’t want me to be all tired and mean and irritated do you??? YOU DON’T, BECAUSE YOU LOVE ME.
But wait, May?! WHY ARE YOU LEAVING US WILL YOU STILL BE AROUND HOW LONG WILL IT BE???
Well my friends, read on.
Yes I made a whole post about the details on my hiatus deal with it.
Appreciate me. I even included gifs.
For many reasons, actually! Which is why I’m going to go nice and detailed on them in a bullet point list. Yes I hate myself too.
- First of all, SO MUCH STRESS. School started about a month ago and I already have so many projects and homework to do and adlf;jaslfkads. On top of that, I have dance and piano, which take up time to practice.
- So with blogging?? I HAVE NO TIME. I either choose blogging, or everything else. And right now, I choose everything else.
- TIME TIME TIME TIME I HAVE NO TIME.
- Second, I’m not very motivated to read and comment on posts much anymore??? I mean I’ll go OOH YAY NEW POST FROM THEM!!! And then kind of… FORGET to comment on those posts, or even read them. When usually I LOVE reading + commenting on posts.
- I also haven’t been answering comments like RIGHT when I see them. I’ll click on my notifications, scroll through to see any new comments I got, and then just kind of… leave them there. AND THIS IS BAD because usually I LOVE replying to comments and do it immediately when I see them???
- I also want to spend more time on my writing and also reading, and blogging has taken SO much of that away from me. I’ve officially decided on what plot bunny I’ll be tackling*, and I want to dedicate some Quality Time™ to it! I also want to read more books because I want to look cool.
So in summary: I have no time and am stressed (more than usual), am experiencing some blogging burnout, and just want to focus on other aspects of my life.
Also just so you know I’m a generally stressed-out person and BLOGGING HAS NOT BEEN HELPING WITH THIS ISSUE.
*AHAHAHHAAHA YOU WON’T KNOW WHICH ONE UNTIL I’M BACK.
Well, I’m so glad you asked!!
I’m aware that I’m asking myself these questions, yes.
Honestly, I don’t know how long I’ll be gone. I’ll for sure come back before the end of September (HOW IS IT ALREADY SEPTEMBER???), but other than that, I really don’t know.
I mean, I hope it’ll be at least two weeks. It’ll probably be around three weeks. I just want to RELAX and DE-STRESS and not deal with the pressure of blogging. And I want to do it for a long time. Sorryyyyyy but I’m really not that sorry???
WHERE CAN YOU FIND ME?
After I publish this post, I’ll probably stick around for two days or something, and answer comments. But then after that—BYE.
I’m going to make myself NOT check WordPress every day. I may still like your posts, and sometimes I may read them if it interests me. But I probably won’t comment on them because COMMENTS TAKE TIME.
So really, I’ll just be gone from the WordPress/blogging world.
BUT! I’ll still be on Goodreads! I want to read more during my hiatus, and Goodreads is OBVIOUSLY a great place to motivate me to do that.
And not DISTRACT me from reading, hahahha never…
So, make sure to friend me on Goodreads to see my updates! You can always message me if you’d like to talk. :))
Yeah that’s literally all the “social media” I have so yup.
Oh, and I will be posting two book reviews for two of the ARCs I got that are coming out this month! I won’t be answering comments to them, but if you want your weekly dose of Extremely Cringy May Humor™, you can check those out. :))
And I MAAAAAY put some guest posts up??? They’ll be from the winners of The Scribbler’s Challenge, but I didn’t give them a deadline so I don’t know when they’ll send the posts in.
What else do I say now??? Obviously I’ll miss you guys a lot because interacting with y’all gives me LIFE (a little too much), but I need to take time for myself too. I promise you, you’ll miss me for like one day and then forget I ever existed, okay??? YOU’LL BE FINE.
But will I???
Um this is really awkward so I’m just gonna—
WILL YOU MISS ME??? (i’ll miss yoooou <333) have you gone on hiatus before? have you experienced blogging burnout? does blogging take up a lot of your time too? I’LL MISS YOU GUYS!!
P.S. if you got the reference in the title, I LOVE YOU. also i’m so pissed that i had to replace “goodbye” with “bye” smh @ picmonkey