So I’m aware that November isn’t really over yet.
I ?? hate ?? when ?? people ?? post ?? monthly ?? recaps ?? before ?? the ?? month ?? is ?? over ????????
AND YET HERE I AM. A hypocrite.
It’s bugging me that I’m posting this two days before November REALLY ends and who knows what could happen in those two days???
But I have a valid excuse: I’m going to be at a dance convention this weekend* and I’m not going to have enough energy to answer comments / do blogging stuff. I also did not have a post idea for today. #HowToBeAResponsibleBlogger101
*I’m performing in 3 out of 4 dances in competition and ALSDFJA;SLFJASDF.
So far I’ve read, uhh, 4 books this month?? I KNOW. I’M SO DISAPPOINTED IN MYSELF TOO. I usually read like 9 ughghugh.
But I’m currently working on 2 books that I hope to finish before November ends????
Basically?? November was a HORRIBLE reading month. I think that was due to the fact that I was focusing on NaNoWriMo??? But literally everything was “meh” to me and I can tell that I’m slumping. I just hope that I can hold out until the end of the year!
But I got to send a lot of review requests, and while nobody has contacted me back yet (which is expected) and I’ve found no books waiting for me, I’m still holding out HOPE
THAT SOMEONE LOVES ME. And I will also send more review requests.
[I’m trying something new!! click on the book covers & titles to get to the Goodreads page, and if the star rating is linked, you can click on that to view my Goodreads review!]
- Shadow and Bone Leigh Bardugo // can you believe this QUEEN who wrote one of my fav books ever… wrote something so mediocre. ★★★☆☆ [2.5 stars]
- Holding Up the Universe Jennifer Niven // yikes what a disappointment. I hated one of the MCs, the romance was cringy, and everything was just so WEIRD??? ★☆☆☆☆
- Tell Me Three Things Julie Buxbaum // I was forced into reading this and it turned out be very meh. cute, yes, but soo stereotypical & there was girl hate!! ★★★☆☆ [2.5 stars]
- Siege and Storm Leigh Bardugo // this was even worse than book 1 (except we met NIKOLAI). the plot was so repetitive omgggggg. ★★☆☆☆
- Renegades Marissa Meyer // still reading this & expect to finish by tomorrow, but so far it is SO. BORING. I’ve read like 200 pages (in one week) and nothing has happened.
- Emmy & Oliver Robin Benway // I was also forced into this by the person linked above. I’m also still reading this & I expect to finish by tomorrow but so far it’s okay???
- (I also read a hilarious collection of short stories called “I love to block everyone” by a friend of mine but the book got deleted from Goodreads HAHAHHAHAAHAA)
- Emmy & Oliver Robin Benway // currently reading this one!!
- The Hearts We Sold Emily Lloyd-Jones // I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS ONE OMGGGG. selling hearts to demons?? yes please. I’ve also heard it portrays abuse really well.
- We Now Return to Regular Life Martin Wilson // it’s gay. so I’m reading it. (plus the concept sounds very very cool. I hope I like it???)
I ACTUALLY got books this month!! Mostly because it was my birthday so obviously I went to the bookstore and forced my mother to buy me books.
I also ordered 3 books on Book Outlet yesterday (for ONLY !! 18 !! DOLLARS!! plus shipping) which are coming soon, hopefully! I also am supposed to be getting Forest of a Thousand Lanterns soon but that’ll probably be in December’s haul.
- Renegades Marissa Meyer // I was so excited for this one,,, and then the negative reviews started coming in. but whatever!! pretty cover!! fav author!!
- Carry On Rainbow Rowell // haven’t read this yet but come on. it’s the gay version of Harry Potter. of course I’m reading this one.
favorite book of the month?
I had a really bad reading month: I didn’t read a lot, and everything was very “meh” for me. I haven’t had a five-star read in two months!!!!
The only thing that really stood out to me was I love to block everyone. (It’s not a real book, BUT IT WAS HILARIOUS.)
disappointment of the month?
I was literally disappointed by everything this month. Probably the most disappointing is Renegades??? Because I LITERALLY could’ve finished a whole book in the time that I’ve spent trying to read this. I’m 200 pages in and still N O T H I N G has happened???
Please don’t tell me that my mother wasted good money on this book.
I WROTE SO MANY REVIEWS THIS MONTH I’M SO PROUD OF MYSELF!!
I had a fun time roasting Holding Up the Universe and also Shatter Me (love you, Jackie). It was also really great because I’d originally rated them higher than one star, but as soon as I finished the review, I just HAD to lower it??? #When #Youre #Mean
I also feel like my review for The Hate U Give (which I read in like September, I know) was really well-written?? It was so long and extensive but I feel like that’s a definite favorite for sure.
- I hit 1K followers and I AM SO SO HAPPY!!!! It means so much to me that 1,000 people would want to read what I write, especially since I haven’t been blogging for a full year yet*??? THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOOOOOOU. <333
- A close blogging friend of mine offered to design me a few blog elements, and from what she’s sent me, they’re absolutely beautiful and amazing and I’m so excited to implement them!! This person’s honestly THE design queen (keeping her secret for now because I’m evil).
- Tbh I’m not really rushing the whole blog makeover thing?? I want to make sure everything’s ready before I change everything.
*I really hope that this doesn’t come off as bragging or boasting, because I know so many bloggers who have been blogging for one year and don’t have that 1K they deserve???? Experience MATTERS—not to say that the less-than-one-year bloggers shouldn’t get 1K—so I’m just really surprised & happy that I got 1K so quickly!!
- 9 posts
- 3,506 views
- 767 likes
- 682 comments
- 41 WordPress followers + 2 email followers
top posts of the month?
favorite post of the month?
While it was entirely confusing to myself and I don’t really know what I was trying to say and it was a mess of random thoughts, I loved reading my Good Representation post??? I got to see a lot of perspectives and it made me happy to see how many people were such strong advocates for diversity in books!!
posts i loved?
Okay I feel like so many people hid away in November because of NaNoWriMo, and I also did not feel motivated at all to read a lot of posts?? But I did have some that I loved!
- Cait discussed why being a bookworm is tiring and I could not agree more. Just reading what I type right now is absolutely exhausting.
- Ju shared the types of book reviewers that there are and she basically calls me out for all of my unwritten reviews. She also stole my “donuts are amazing” line.
- Marie discussed blogging stats & popularity and I totally agree!! Blogging should be about your passion for it, and you can see that in all of Marie’s posts.
- Beth talked about her novel and I’m SO proud of her for finally summoning the courage to (and her novel sounds absolutely AMAZING!!!).
- Jackie gives pros and cons of audiobooks, but unfortunately they weren’t enough to convince me to listen to them. (You suck, Jackie.)
- Abbie lists 7 reasons to keep writing and they are SO MOTIVATIONAL!!! Especially with NaNoWriMo and all that.
- I did NaNoWriMo!! As of right now, I haven’t won yet, but I am super confident that I will. I got behind in the second/third week but am slowly catching up*. And after writing way more than the daily 1,667 to catch up, I’m sure that I’ll be able to pull through!
Watch me completely bail on the last day and write absolutely nothing.
- I feel kind of sad that NaNo’s going to be over soon because I know I’m going to take a month-long break from my WIP and all writing things and I NEED TO WRITE… but at the same time I’m very happy because writing 1.6K a day has been TORTURE.
- Umm I wrote some poems. Not a lot tho. The ones that I did write were mostly sucky.
- There’s a snippet of a poem for you because I SEEK VALIDATION!!!!!
*I’m planning on doing a binge-writing session today if I don’t have that much homework (but HAHAHHAAH we all know I won’t end up doing the writing OR the homework).
- So much happened in my life during November??? Aka why it’s the best month of the month.
- First of all, it was my birthday in November!! Specifically, November 17th. I got two books, Renegades & Carry On, and I also got a set of handlettering pens from my LOVELY LOVELY younger sister!!
- LOOK AT THEM. AREN’T THEY LOVELY. Get yourself a loving sibling who will buy you presents.
Yes that is my own handlettering and it looks like a dog chewed on it and spit it back up again, I know.
- It was also Thanksgiving, and I did nothing to celebrate it!! YAY. Tbh the only thing I like about the holiday is that we’re more aware of the things we should be grateful in our lives, but that’s it.
- Oh, but I ALSO appreciate that we get a whole week off school!!! THAT WAS SO GREAT AND I’M SAD THAT IT’S OVER. But I mean, winter break is in a few weeks too (and EXAMS) but I just miss not having to actually use my brain??
- I had a really good conversation with a close irl friend about some things in my life, and it felt so so good that I cried (a lot). She’s so supportive of me and she said so many amazing things and I’m honestly so grateful that she’s my friend and that she’s my friend. <333
- Okay that got a little heavier than I thought???
- To lighten the mood, I RAN INTO A DOOR!!! It was my best experience of 2017, tbh. Basically, it was dark and I’d just come out of a really bright place. So I was super confused and all like “why is it this dark??????” but then I shrugged it off.
- AND THEN I ACTUALLY LIKE RAMMED INTO THE DOOR. I have bruises to prove it.
- Honestly it didn’t even hurt that much, it was just so HILARIOUS. I’M SO STUPID. I LOVE IT.
- Oh, and my family & I also put up our holiday decorations and it was so much fun. I honestly love the festive mood that comes around this time of year??? I’M READY FOR DECEMBER Y’ALL.
- read at least
76 books ✓ (a few days into the month I lowered it to 6 and that was a smart move)
- write & upload at least 6 reviews ✓ (I ACTUALLY UPLOADED 7 REVIEWS I’M SO PROUD Y’ALL)
- request ARCs ✓ (yup, i sent out some review requests!! and… sent one to the wrong person… I’m smart)
- write 25K words!!! ✓✓✓ (I’VE WRITTEN WAY MORE THAN 25K HAHAHAHAHA)
- write more poetry ✓ㄨ (not really, but I still wrote some)
- STOP. PROCRASTINATING. ✓ (I actually put writing before a lot of things this month!!)
- reach 1000 followers?!?! ✓ (I DID IT AND I’M SO HAPPY AND THANKFUL AND AHGLASDFJLKASJDFAS)
- find someone to design my blog ✓ (like I said, a blogging friend offered to design a few things for me! and already has!)
- stay on top of posts & comments ✓ㄨ (kind of… I mean good enough)
- drink all the water in 1 bottle a day ✓ㄨ (kinda?? some days I did GREAT)
- fix posture at least 1 time a day ✓ㄨ (some days I did it, others… no)
- get 9 hours of sleep at least once a week ✓ (YES!!!!!)
I ACCOMPLISHED THINGS!!! I’M NOT THE FAILURE I THOUGHT I WAS!!!*
*Yes I am lol.
- read at least 9 books (I do have winter break, but I also have exams!! so my avg. amount seems like a good goal)
- write & upload at least 6 reviews (I ACTUALLY DID THIS LAST TIME)
- request ARCs (MORE ARCS MORE ARCS)
- take a complete break from my WIP! (I’M SO EXCITED)
- write more poetry (none of my poems have been good recently aghahg)
- participate in writing challenges? (there’s one that I might do if I have time)
- reach 1050 followers (OMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMGOOGMOGMOGMG)
- explore more design things (I have to finish designing my own elements but I also want to look at some free WordPress themes??)
- stay on top of posts & comments (I used to be so good at this)
- drink all the water in 1 bottle a day (it seems to be somewhat working)
- fix posture at least 1 time a day (maybe???)
- get 9 hours of sleep at least once a week (I CAN ACTUALLY DO THIS)
The holidays are coming up!! I’m not Christian so I don’t really celebrate the religious aspect of Christmas, but my family does put up a tree & give gifts to each other & all that. I’m already stressing out about what to get everyone, but I’ll figure it out?? Maybe????
Midterms are also here. We have like one and a half weeks of regular classes and then comes “review week” and then EXAMS. Everything is so crammed into these last three weeks and I just ?!?!?1?!?!1? I might not post sometimes because I want to focus on studying & all that.
IT’S THE END OF THE YEAR AHGAHGHAGH!!! Can you believe… it’s almost… 2018??!?!? Who allowed this to happen, and where can I send my complaint. 2017 has been a pretty awesome year
besides a certain president, but I’m actually looking forward to 2018!!
how was your november? do you have exams coming up? can you believe it’s almost 2018?!?! who else rams into doors in the dark? what books did you enjoy in november? and HOW WAS/IS NANOWRIMO????