Apparently everyone is very inquisitive about me???
To be fair, I DID kind of shove all of you to submit a some questions. But in total, you all probably asked around… oh wait, sorry, I forgot for a second there that I was too lazy to count how many questions there were.*
But you asked a lot of questions (because I forced you to), and today I’ll be answering them!! What a surprise.
Of course, I’m really kind and will be sparing your eyes from reading TOO many words, and the Q&A will be split into two parts. Which means, if you still want, you can still submit a few questions, since there’ll be a Part 2!! Or you could like, not. And miss all your chances to ask me whatever you wanted.
*Just kidding, it was 50.
what is your dream pet?
A dog! Specifically a cocker spaniel because my neighbors have them and tHEY’RE SO CUTE FJDSLKFJSA. Unfortunately I’m allergic to dogs (and cats) so I’ll just hug my stuffed animal dog and cry.
OR AN ELEPHANT. I REALLY, REALLY LOVE ELEPHANTS.
what is the first thing you see when you look to the right?
I’m immensely scared to look to the right, now…
OH LOOK, IT’S SOME BOOKS. WHO WOULD’VE KNOWN.
what do you look for in a good friend?
- Kindness, because I don’t have time for people who won’t be nice to me or others.
- Funniness, because I don’t have time for people who can’t keep up with my humor and/or (attempt to) be as humorous as me. Tho I obviously won’t NOT be someone’s friend if they’re not funny, because humor is very hard to perfect.
- Mangoes, as in, they better be a mango, so I can befriend them and then eat them.
- People who care !! about !! human !! rights !!!! Sorry, but I can’t possibly find my dead cold heart coming alive to befriend you if you’re racist, sexist, queerphobic, etc.
am i a pansexual icon?
I know exactly who asked this, and yes.
will u acknowledge mangoes suck? (if u do i’ll let u read chapter 2 of laaod ;))
(LAAOD is a book my friend Amelie
is WAS writing btw.)
You’re very tempting, but I’m going to read your new book now, so no, mangoes do not suck.
HOW DID YOU MEET SO MANY AMAZING BLOGS AND PEOPLE NWDNIINDWOND?
I HAVE NO IDEA???? If people comment on my blog, I’m likely to check out their blog and sometimes I end up following them! Or I’ll stalk other bloggers’ comment sections to find interesting blogs (which I HIGHLY recommend).
how do you interact with others online? can you give tips on how to avoid being labelled annoying? (i wanna make friends online but at the same time i’m too shy??? or is it me over-worrying)
Aw, no, my dude, you’re completely fine!! It’s totally okay to worry about these things (I know that I for sure do.)
Mainly, I worry about coming across as awkward (and then annoying for being awkward). Usually this is only when I’m talking to people I look up to or feel like I’m not “qualified” to talk to.
But honestly??? I’ve had so many people comment & email & message me before and a lot are like “I hope you don’t find this annoying!!! I’m really awkward sorryyyy”. I do the exact thing!! But when I get those comments & emails & messages, I don’t feel annoyed at all?
So really, you probably THINK you’re being awkward or annoying, but to the person you’re interacting with, you’re most likely not!! And if they think you’re annoying, they’re not worth interacting with tbh. #CutToxicPeople2K18
are you thinking about going self-hosted?
But do I have enough money?
what if you were allergic to mangoes?
If I suddenly got allergic to mangoes, I would eat a mango and then die. Because I would’ve died anyways fROM NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT ANY BETTER TO DIE WITH HEAVEN IN MY MOUTH.
what’s the theme you’re using for your new design?
Toujours!! (It pretty.)
most anticipated book releases (doesn’t have to be 2018, it can be a sequel that doesn’t even have a release date yet)?
(Yes, I added an “s” to “release” because I can’t choose just one.)
The Astonishing Color of After: I am literally SO. HYPED. for this one and jealous of everyone who has the ARC because it has Asian rep and the premise sounds amazing and also it’s magical realism and it looks beautiful !!!!
What if It’s Us: Becky and Adam? Two of my favorite people? Writing about gays? I am here.
Blanca & Roja: ANNA-MARIE. QUEER CHARACTERS. PRETTY COVER.
do you have a favorite cup?
No, but if I did, it would either be a bookish cup, a Hamilton cup, or a mango cup. To no one’s surprise.
do you use your napkins on your lap, or do you leave them on the table and just pick them up when you need them? (or maybe not use one at all?)
I leave them on the table and pick them up when I need to, because I have no etiquette whatsoever and sit in the WEIRDEST positions ever and therefore cannot put the napkin on my lap. Also I barely use napkins anyways oops.
how did you become so awesome?
I was born this way.
if you could live in any country, where would you live? (2)
ENGLAND. I WANT AN ENGLISH ACCENT SO BAD.
Or Canada, because their prime minister is amazing.
Unlike,,, a certain,,,, US leader,,,,,
what are your top 3 favorite songs at the moment?
Uhhh can I just,,, leave the whole Hamilton playlist here.
I’m that one annoying girl who got obsessed with Hamilton when it got popular two years ago and never stopped stanning it.
But I’ll ATTEMPT to make a top 3:
- My My My! by Troye Sivan, who is a legendary gay icon fight me if you will
- Hold Back the River by James Bay (for some reason I just REALLY connect to this song??? like it’s not the best song to listen to because sometimes it means to me to “hold back feelings” but at the same time IT’S SO GOOD)
- wow I ran out just go listen to Hamilton
who’s your favorite person ever? me? of course me
I know exactly who wrote this, but even if I didn’t know who you are, I would still say no, because my favorite person ever is ME obviously.
how do you recommend tackling controversial topics in discussion posts? i loved your diversity one from a few months ago and am looking into writing some of my own. any tips?
I’m not sure if you meant this, but I just want to clear up that diversity is not a controversial topic! (Or at least… it shouldn’t be? Are there people who DON’T want representation for minorities???? WHAT.)
Honestly, I’m not that good at writing discussions? I just ramble WAY TOO MUCH. You should go look at Mikaela’s posts and also Marie’s posts for GREAT discussions tho!! (I’ve linked some recently published discussions by them.)
I generally just try to find a topic that I’m passionate about, or have been wanting to talk about. I’d recommend you come up with a few points you want to talk about first! (I should follow my own advice.)
Pros and cons are a good way to write a discussion, and so are points that may not relate to each other but relate to the topic. Or perhaps writing questions to yourself or answering them. Or providing information about a topic, then offering your opinion.
Oh and about tackling controversial topics: Just say what you want to say! It’s your opinion (and you should probably make that clear in whatever you write, because there are some people who don’t REALIZE that people have different opinions…??) and you have every right to talk about it. There is honestly no “right” way to handle a controversial topic, tbh, other than to just… talk about it. And also be nice!!
And one more thing: Try not to ramble a lot. I do, and it makes my discussions CONFUSING.
do you have a pet or a boyfriend?
I have no pet, no boyfriend, no girlfriend, no partner, no mangoes*, nothing. I’m alone.
*Just kidding, I will ALWAYS have my mangoes.
what book do you want to see as a movie, if it was done right?
Well, first of all, I’M REALLY EXCITED TO SEE LOVE, SIMON IT’S THE HAPPY GAY MOVIE EVERY QUEER PERSON DESERVES AND I’VE HEARD SO MANY GREAT THINGS ABOUT IT SO FAR.
Now that that’s done, I think it would be really cool to see Six of Crows be made as a movie??? Or the Illuminae Files?? Or the Lunar Chronicles??
who inspires you to continue blogging?
Oh, god, so many people??
- Myself. It sounds HORRIBLY SELF-CONCEITED, but if I don’t inspire myself to continue to blogging and if I have to rely on other people to continue blogging, that’s obviously not a good sign!
- Other bloggers! Obviously!! Usually it’s bloggers I look up to, bloggers I’m friends with. Seeing amazing posts from other bloggers inspires ME to write great posts and improve my content.
- YOU GUYS. Another cliche answer, but honestly? Blogging wouldn’t be as fun without you amazing people reading them and talking to me. Also you all are SOOOO supportive of me and it makes me feel SO. GOOD. about myself and my blog and just inspires me to keep going!
what is the biggest/most amazing thing you have ever accomplished?
I have never accomplished anything.
Okay, just kidding! It’s probably this blog, because it’s led me to so many AMAZING things in my life. But also the fact that I won a writing contest sponsored by an ACTUAL PUBLISHING house twice!!! is pretty cool.
how’s life? (i hope it’s good!)
It’s not bad but it could be better!! Lots of procrastinating and stress (as usual).
would you want to be a grisha, witch, demigod, antari, or a player in warcross?
UM. GRISHA. SO I CAN BE IN THE SAME WORLD AS ALL THE SOC CHARACTERS AND THEN MEET THEM.
I’ll probably be killed by them but. Whatever.
unpopular opinions about anything?
Oh yes, very many.
- I HATE COFFEE. I hate the taste of it and I hate the smell of it.
- Shatter Me sucks.
- Warner from Shatter Me sucks.
- (That was mainly to offend Jackie just kidding I love you.)
- To Kill a Mockingbird has a nice message but the rest of it sucks.
- Dance is A SPORT. It’s a fine artsy SPORT. I WILL FIGHT YOU ON THIS.
- I like the rain except when it’s cold, and the cold is better than the heat.
- Historical fiction is cool but only when it’s WW2 or queer. (But if you have any good recs PLEASE TELL ME because I’m sure there are some good non-WW2/queer historical fics out there????)
- Oh, and because Texas is full of conservative people and I am not conservative at all, I count this as an unpopular opinion: Trump sucks!!! And Obama is amazing!!!!
- Beaches are pretty (like… REALLY pretty*) but have you ever been to the mountains.
- (Photos above are from Cali and Banff, and I swear that the beach is pretty but not as much as the photo makes it to be!!! And shoutout to me taking both without using filters and them turning out actually decent WOW.)
- I don’t like iPhones’ layout and I HATE THAT THERE’S NO “BACK” BUTTON??? The back button is literally my life oh my god. But I prefer Android (even tho their selfie cameras make my face all distorted what the heck.)
- DOGS ARE BETTER THAN CATS. I’ll relent and say that cats are still very nice tho. I just like dogs better.
did you read through the whole post?? (if so, i am proud of you) ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS YOURSELF! i’d love to hear your answers! do you like mangoes? favorite songs? unpopular opinions? and most of all, how are you doing?? ❤