I know you’re probably sick of me appearing every month to “school is overwhelming me and I don’t have time to blog” only to disappear for a few weeks, but surprise! I’m here to do that again! (Many days much later than when I thought/hoped wanted to. Very on brand.)
I wish I had actually interesting things that happened in September so I could talk about them, but there’s really next to nothing… Very sorry to disappoint anyone who might have thought I went offline to do cool fun things. This month, though, I swear I will actually post and be interesting!! Hopefully this miserable reading slump I’m in will END and I will find some freedom from school.
I read 5 books! I wish I could have read more, but honestly anything is an accomplishment compared to how little I read in August (2 books). And it was a really great month for reading different genres, which is something I’m trying to accomplish as the bare minimum since I can’t even read that many books in general anymore.
- Monstress Vol 5 Marjorie Liu // one of my favorite volumes so far, sad and brutal to read but loved the insight into Maika and Kippa! ★★★★☆
- It All Comes Back to You Farah Naz Rishi // didn’t love the romance but loved hte emphasis on family and all the character growth ★★★☆☆
- The Girl and the Ghost Hanna Alkaf // sadder than I expected, but so beautiful ★★★★☆
- Beowulf unknown // I read this for school and I did not care about it. free me from arrogant misogynistic white male characters ★★☆☆☆
- Crying in H Mart Michelle Zauner // hit so close to home and made me cry!!! absolutely beautiful and heart-wrenching ★★★★☆ [4.5]
I disappeared again… as expected! I swear that this month that I’ll actually be posting more, though. I have content ideas for once, I just don’t have time to write them all (which is just cruel since I’ve been struggling for so long to come up with posts to write). But I think I’m finally ready to come back to blogging! In the meantime, please link me to your recent posts, I’d love to catch up and read them.
THIS MONTH’S POSTS
Yet again, nothing. :D
- Genuinely, I’ve literally just been drowning in schoolwork. It’s just endless deadline after deadline after deadline, and it’s exhausting. One good thing, though, has been that I’m finally being a lot nicer to myself and not beating myself up for imperfect scores.
- On the plus side, I went back to dance!! I love taking class and learning different combinations, and we’ve also started up team rehearsals again, which have been fun. I’m still in the process of choreographing my solo, and it is going excruciatingly slowly but is somehow simultaneously enjoyable?
- Other than that… there really hasn’t been much else going on!! I wish I could come back from my disappearances with exciting updates and claim that I got off the internet to get a life, but no. I am just boring.
A school break!! I have next week off, and sadly I won’t be able to fully relax because I have so much work to do. But hopefully that only means I get ahead enough to not have to worry about things later on! Regardless, I’m looking forward to actually having time to do things without school and homework taking up so much of my time.
More dance stuff! My team will be having a little mini showcase of a few pieces at the end of the month, and I’m really excited! I enjoy dance performances so much; there’s very little that can replace the exhilaration that I feel when I’m performing, even if it’s not on an actual stage.
Driving… I’m hopefully getting my license this month! I’m for some reason terrified for my driving test, but I’m looking forward to finally be able to have my license. (I keep getting made fun of for having had my permit for almost two years and I refuse to be embarrassed anymore.)
I do have some goals this month! They are literally just: don’t procrastinate my schoolwork, and actually read and blog… if I cannot meet these bare minimum goals there is genuinely no saving me. And like last month, I do have a list of books I’d like to read! But (as I predicted) I did terribly with sticking to September’s TBR, so I’m saving myself the embarrassment and not mentioning which books. <3