I’m May (she/her), a Thai American book blogger and reviewer, and I read books to feel something. I’m an enthusiast for QPOC, Asians, and morally grey girls in books, but beyond reading, I enjoy dance, language, and journaling. On my blog, you should expect inconsistent but sincere posts about all kinds of books.
- Though young adult books were my first love and I still read them, I’ve grown beyond them and read mainly adult fiction now! I’m also primarily a fantasy reader.
- I love to write, though most of the time you’ll probably find me not writing, unfortunately. I typically write fabulist mishmashes, have tried my hand at fantasy, and also make an attempt at poetry.
- I dance (a lot of styles: contemporary and hip hop, formerly ballet, tap, and jazz), I’ve played the piano and drums, and I’m learning Thai, French, and Spanish!
- I listen to mostly indie/alternative and pop music, and some my favorite artists are Cage the Elephant, Rina Sawayama, The Volunteers, The Happy Fits, The Neighbourhood, and MARINA.
- I’m currently a college student, so you can (accurately) assume that at any given moment I am stressed out.
ABOUT MY BLOG
- On my blog, you can find book lists, book reviews, discussions, helpful guides, and more!
- I run on an inconsistent posting schedule based on my availability and motivation.
- Most of my content has centered young adult books, but as my tastes have grown, you’ll likely see other books as well. A majority of what I read and talk about are diverse books because I aim to prioritize and promote marginalized authors.
- I’ve been blogging since January 2017, though most of my 2017 posts have been privated because I cannot handle the idea of anyone looking back and seeing how embarrassing I was.
- When you see “the Mango Queen demands your opinions” as the comment prompt… look away. I regret every single thing 2017 me did on this blog, and the option to change this rather unfortunate prompt has disappeared. This is my one shame.
- I’m open to working with authors and publishers: You can contact me here!