I’m May (she/her), a teen book blogger and reviewer, and I love reading to escape the prison of existence! I’m an enthusiast for QPOC, Asians, and morally grey girls in books, but beyond reading, I enjoy writing, dance, language, and music. On my blog you should expect to see me talking about books, diversity & representation, and, every once in a while, my writing!
- Though young adult books were my first love and I still read them, I’ve grown beyond them and also read adult fiction! I’m also mainly a fantasy reader.
- I love to write, though you’ll probably find me not writing, unfortunately. I usually write fantasy and also make an attempt at poetry!
- I can play the piano and drums, and I’m learning French, Spanish, and Thai. Yes, I am sadly a nerd!
- The music I usually listen to is indie/alternative, and some my favorite artists are Cage the Elephant, Rina Sawayama, Wallows, The Neighbourhood, and Lorde.
- I’m currently a high school student, so you can accurately assume that at any given moment I am stressed out.
- I’m very introverted and use humor as a shield a little too often!!
ABOUT MY BLOG
- On my blog, you can find book lists, book reviews, discussions, helpful guides, and more!
- Most of my posts have been centered on young adult books, but as my tastes have grown, you’ll likely see other fiction as well. A majority of what I read and talk about are diverse books.
- I’ve been blogging since January 2017, and I’ve loved it ever since! (Most of my 2017 posts are privated now, because I cannot handle the idea of anyone looking back and seeing how embarrassing I was.)
- You may know me for my love for mangoes, my overuse of parentheses, my passion for Asian books, or hosting the Book Blogger Awards!
- When you see “the Mango Queen demands your opinions” as the comment prompt… look away. I regret every single thing 2017 me did on this blog, and the option to change it has disappeared. This is my one shame.
- I’m open to working with authors and publishers: You can contact me here.