I’m May (she/her), a Thai American book blogger and reviewer, and I love reading to escape the prison of existence! I’m an enthusiast for QPOC, Asians, and morally grey girls in books, but beyond reading, I enjoy writing, dance, language, and music. On my blog you should expect to see me talking about books, diversity & representation, and, every once in a while, my writing!
- Though young adult books were my first love and I still read them, I’ve grown beyond them and read mainly adult fiction now! I’m also primarily a fantasy reader.
- I love to write, though most of the time you’ll probably find me not writing, unfortunately. I typically write fabulist mishmashes, have tried my hand at fantasy, and also make an attempt at poetry.
- I dance (a lot of styles), I can play the piano and drums, and I’m learning French, Spanish, and Thai!
- I listen to mostly indie/alternative music, and some my favorite artists are Cage the Elephant, Rina Sawayama, The Happy Fits, The Neighbourhood, and MARINA.
- I’m currently a high school student, so you can (accurately) assume that at any given moment I am stressed out.
ABOUT MY BLOG
- On my blog, you can find book lists, book reviews, discussions, helpful guides, and more!
- Most of my posts have been centered on young adult books, but as my tastes have grown, you’ll likely see other books as well. A majority of what I read and talk about are diverse books because I aim to prioritize and promote marginalized authors.
- I’ve been blogging since January 2017, and I’ve loved it ever since! (Most of my 2017 posts are privated now, because I cannot handle the idea of anyone looking back and seeing how embarrassing I was.)
- You may know me for my love for mangoes, my overuse of parentheses, my passion for Asian books, or hosting the Book Blogger Awards!
- When you see “the Mango Queen demands your opinions” as the comment prompt… look away. I regret every single thing 2017 me did on this blog, and the option to change this rather unfortunate prompt has disappeared. This is my one shame.
- I’m open to working with authors and publishers: You can contact me here!