Hi, I’m May, and I have horrible memory.
I’m going to pretend as if I haven’t already written this entire post and am just now writing this intro, and say: I have no recollection of what my 2019 goals were, except for like two of them.
So today, I’m revisiting these goals I made half a year ago and seeing how well I’m doing on them, and because I have the worst memory and have completely forgotten them all, I have no idea what to expect!!!
[insert me giving a thumbs-up]
(Also this is probably the worst intro I’ve ever written, considering 1) it’s all fake, and 2) it’s in a very different voice from the rest of the post because I’m writing this at midnight and I’m tired, but this is the content you signed up for when you followed my blog!!)
- Read 100 books. I’m at 44 books right now, and I’m not quite on track for 100 books—Goodreads says I’m 8 books behind, which is just GREAT. But I always manage to get to 100 by the end of the year, because I’m smart and just cram in all my reading in December!!!
- Actually start writing reviews again! Haha NO. I’ve only written one non-ARC review this year and that was because I wanted to talk about the issues in the book that I didn’t see a lot of other people talking about. But I still do want to get back into the habit of writing reviews for most of the books I read!!
- Be more organized with ARCs. The only reason I set this goal was because I was horrible with eARCs, and I’ve stopped requesting eARCs because I have a really hard time reading them, so now it’s Completely Irrelevant. Thank you, Completely Useless May Who Can’t Read eARCs!!!!
- Read more webcomics! YES!!! I’ve fallen more and more in love with webcomics, and I’m so happy I’ve found some amazing ones this year. They just bring me so much happiness (the art! the characters! the stories!) and I might actually make a recommendations post soon if that interests anyone?
- Continue working on my WIP! Yes, and I re-plotted it and have started writing it again! I’ve written 9.7k, and I think I’ll get to 10k, but I don’t think I’m going to continue after I edit it and submit it to a writing contest, because of the next thing:
- Come up with other book ideas. My brain was so nice and instead of coming up with an idea during the months I had no inspiration, it decided to come up with an idea while I was actually working on something!! But I’m… really excited about this project (as I always am with new ideas) and I think I might write it for NaNoWriMo this year!
- Write more poetry! Yikes, I haven’t written poetry in forever. I’ve done it sparingly these last few months (the most recent being for one of my finals in May), but definitely not as much as I wanted to.
- Write 5K in one day. I haven’t actually written in so long and imagining 5K in a day right now is so stressful, but I’ll hopefully be able to do it later in the year?
- Reach… 2,000 followers?! My follower count was growing Very Slowly in the beginning of the year (I mean, understandable, I was like nonexistent), but now that I’m getting active again, it’s increasing a lot faster than I expected and I definitely think I’ll be able to reach 2K, which is just so WILD TO ME!!!!
- Actually interact. AAHHH IMAGINE ME CRYING BECAUSE THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT I’M DOING!!! I’m so so proud that I’m actually doing this now and I have no plans of stopping!! I’ve missed commenting and all that jazz so much, and doing it again brings me so much happiness.
- Implement a cool feature or something. “Feature” not quite the right word to use, but I meant some kind of like project—and I did exactly that by hosting the 2019 Book Blogger Awards! 10 days left to nominate your favorite bloggers so GET ON IT.
- Just. be good to myself. I still feel so so horrible about my lack of interaction, but it’s starting to go away now and I think by the end of the year I’ll be feeling a lot better. Thank you all so much for your support, you make this process so much easier <33
- Practice self-care. Self-care to me means not procrastinating, practicing hygiene, and in general doing things to ensure that my health doesn’t worsen, and to be very honest, I haven’t been doing that!
- Listen to more music and watch more shows! I’ve been exploring more indie songs and artists this year, and I’ve also watched a few shows that I’ve been meaning to for a long time (One Day at a Time, Queer Eye, The Good Place, Stranger Things, and The Umbrella Academy)!
- Do more dance stuff! I don’t talk about dance much except in my monthly recaps, but I have been doing more dance stuff! I decided to do a solo this year (which is simultaneously terrifying and exciting), and I also signed up for my first non-obligatory hip hop class, and actually went “full out” instead of holding back. (I’ve never truly gone full out until now because I was insecure/anxious about the reactions to me suddenly not being shy, but I WENT FOR IT and everyone’s surprised but really supportive and AAAHH.)
- Prioritize my happiness. This is still something I’m learning to do, and it’s hard because sometimes doing one thing might make me happy in the moment but I know I’ll regret it later. But I’m trying!
reading: 2/4 accomplished!
writing: 2/4 accomplished!
blogging: 2/4 accomplished!
life: 2/4 accomplished!
total: 8/16 accomplished!
8/16 is half my goals completed, and that’s a good sign of me being able to accomplish the rest of them for the last half of the year!! I’m actually shocked by how many I’ve already achieved, considering the fact that I pretty much remembered only two of the goals I set, but I’ll take it!!!
how are you doing on your 2019 goals, if you made any? are you on track with your Goodreads challenge? what TV shows have you watched and do you recommend any??
p.s. my blog now has a sidebar!!! thoughts? (I don’t hate it but I’m not particularly attached to it either lmao, I only made it for navigation purposes)